Monday, July 25, 2011

Wrapping Up the Weekend

 At 3:30 on Friday I got up and headed toward Wisconsin Dells. Somewhere outside of Madison I met up with Kathy and we journeyed on, arriving early at a wonderful estate sale.  (More on that later this week.)  

SATURDAY:  With a 4:00 a.m. wake-up call, we took the short drive from our hotel to Baraboo. At least it should have been a short drive...the roads up there are unforgiving.  If your foggy brain causes you to miss a ramp it's a long ways to the next exit.  :)
 We loved our spot on the square in Baraboo.  We were by the curb for easy loading and shaded by two huge trees.  Baraboo is a charming historical city.  The antique flea market was surrounded by a Farmer's Market, Classic Car Show, and food vendors in the streets. 
My 'Evergreen Nursery' sign found a fine new home.  It's always great when some of the larger pieces sell, making load-out easier.  A huge bird cage, a chunky stool, Kathy's industrial parts cubby, plant stands and other mid-size items that sold left us room in our vans to return to the estate sale after the show to pick up our bulkier purchases from Friday. Whew!
The crowd seemed smaller and sales were down a bit from last year, but it was still worth the trip. I'm sure the excessive heat &  humidity had an effect on the crowd size. Along with the 'big stuff', our fun buyers walked away with a lot of quirky little  gizmos.  'THANK YOU' to each one that shopped our space.  Our first visitor of the day was Pamm from Fresh Eggs Antiques. (You can see more photos of our space on her blog - thanks Pamm!)
We chatted with some very fun peeps including two blog readers that we met for the first time; Nancy and Karen.  Thanks so much for stopping by!  It makes our day when we can meet you 'in person'...(even when we're dripping with sweat and looking rough!)
Yesterday we arrived in South Barrington early to set up for the Arboretum Show. We were welcomed by rain, lightning and wind. We set up Kathy's canopy, tables, and a few items...and waited...for two hours.  The forecast for the rest of the day showed potential for storms all day with high heat and humidity. 
 The wind blew a small heavy sawhorse right off the table.  Exhausted from the previous day, we decided that we weren't in the mood to do battle with the weather and headed home.  The rain stopped as we were packing up and I'm sure that the vendors who stuck it out had a hot, but successful day.  (Sorry, I didn't take any photos there.)  We hope to be back at the Arboretum sometime next year.


  1. I would love to have a stall one day it looks so much fun,i love the bright aqua chairs too they are gorgeous,
    Have a great week!
    Love Kristina x

  2. Hey Jan -- The weather has really been something to contend with all year this year. Maybe we will get a break come fall. xo

  3. Glad Baraboo was fun for you... Soooo sorry to hear about Barrington... and with packing/unpacking 2 days in a row plus weather like that - I TOTALLY understand you "packing it up early"...
    Jeanine, ChiPPy!-SHaBBy!


Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.